I’ve been living/working in Georgetown with my sister since the end of May until I leave for back home (San Diego) in about a week. So, i’ve come up with my ideal day now that I know of the places and sorta have the vibe.
1pm: Lunch at hidden gem: Naked Lunch (inside of a grocery store but don’t be fooled- it is so so good. Get the Sushi bowl, thank me later).
3pm: Between lunch/dinner I would ideally decide to either: read in the park or play a quick game of tennis/lounge by the pool, cruise through Union Market, or walk this trail all the way to the waterfront of the Potomac River.
6pm: Drinks at the gem Harold Black for a cool speak-easy and hidden spot (dinner menu looked good there too) dinner at Cava if i’m feeling something casual, or le Diplomate for a little more fancy/casual.
IF you can get in, then absolutely go to Rose’s Luxury– completely lives up to the hype. – order everything.
Things you should know:
- Baked and Wired > Georgetown Cupcake, hands down. Hype doesn’t always mean quality!
- Don’t be a mean driver, there’s already enough of those…
- You can learn a lot of history from just walking through old neighborhoods and reading the plaques on the houses.
Things you might also want to consider doing:
- 305 fitness (think: 60 minutes of living your dream of being Beyonce’s back up dancer while burning some major calories and having the time of your life)
- Visit the national monuments. Although very touristy it is still extremely cool and beautiful to walk around up close. I’d especially recommend the less-popular and my favorite: the Jefferson Memorial. Great place to have a snack along the waterfront on the steps.
- Grab some District donuts
- Visit this cat cafe in the heart of Georgetown ❤
Favorite Clothing Shops:
Other Coffee Spots: